NRM Education through the Australian Sustainable Schools Initiative (South Australia) supports the development of more sustainable communities by encouraging schools to embrace sustainability principles in their learning and management practices.
We support you by helping you develop:
- a School Environment Management Plan (SEMP) to incorporate the Australian Curriculum
- achievable sustainability goals
- a process to ensure long-term sustainability of programs and projects.
NRM Education also provides facilitated networks or shared learning experiences with other AuSSI-SA schools.
The many benefits include:
- improved student well-being
- improved environmental outcomes (water, energy, biodiversity, waste, transport, purchasing and others)
- improved educational outcomes related to sustainability.
NRM Education can allocate ongoing assistance to AuSSI-SA schools in their sustainability enquiry with no direct cost.
For more information on AuSSI-SA, click here.