Learning Group Meeting 3
Curriculum Planning for Sustainability
Cowandilla Primary School
2nd August 2010
- Provide an update of the National Curriculum
- Introduce the Sustainability Curriculum Framework
- Provide and discuss examples of Whole School Curriculum
- Provide participants with the opportunity to share experiences of embedding sustainability into the curriculum at their own schools
Curriculum Manager EfS, Department of Education and Children's Services, discussed:
- National curriculum and SACSA update
- Review of the Sustainability Curriculum Framework
Click here to view Jonathan’s PowerPoint (895 Kb PDF)
EfS Consultant, Department of Education and Children's Services, discussed:
- Sustainability units of work guideline (114 Kb PDF)
- Kangaroo Island whole school sustainability curriculum framework (93 Kb PDF)
Principal, Richmond Primary School, discussed the process Richmond used to plan and deliver a whole of school investigation of Biodiversity. She presented several examples of planning documents.
- Biodiversity Unit Plan Year 5 & 6 (151 Kb PDF)
- Biodiversity Unit Plan Year 3 & 4 (139 Kb PDF)
- Biodiversity Unit Plan Year R & 1 (123 Kb PDF)
- Biodiversity Unit Procedure Year R & 1 (124 Kb PDF)
Click here to view Lindy’s PowerPoint (319 Mb PDF)
Assistant Principal, Valley View Secondary School, discussed embedding sustainability across the learning areas in a High School (with an emphasis on the social dimensions of sustainability).
Click here to view Celina’s PowerPoint (1.21 Mb PDF)
NRM Education Coordinator, briefly outlined support available to South Australian Sustainable Schools (AuSSI SA) for curriculum planning. He also discussed benefits of involvement with the Australian Association for Environmental Education (AAEE).
- NRM Education supporting sustainability in your school document
- 3 approaches for supporting AuSSI-SA schools
- Click here for details about joining the Australian Association for Environmental Education
- Click here to find out how to join AuSSI-SA. Click register on the left hand menu for details.