AirWatch is a hands-on schools program, where students learn about air quality issues such as vehicle emissions, wood
smoke, dust, pollen, indoor air quality and odours. AirWatch also helps schools take action to reduce their own impact on air pollution.
By being involved schools can:
- participation in air quality snapshot weeks and a range of other scientific and social monitoring activities
- air quality related teaching tools, resources and equipment
- student education and teacher professional development sessions
- support in undertaking school air quality audits and identifying air quality issues in and around the school
- support in developing and implementing whole-school actions to improve air quality in and around the school.
This site contains useful information on climate change using easy to understand diagrams explanations.
Transport - Department of Transport Energy and Infrastucture
This South Australian Government site contains useful information on how transport and the community can manage the environment. It encompasses aspects of the environment including Air Quality and Green House Gasses, Biodiversity and Land Management and the marine and fresh water environment.
The New Internationalist is an independent not-for-profit community service organisation, working towards a better planet for the next generation. They have a comprehensive index to the magazine back issues available on the Internet, with over 13,300 articles available online for free access.